Would you like assistance in upgrading your discharge?
The Veterans Consortium's Discharge Upgrade Program provides free legal representation nationwide to veterans with Other Than Honorable discharges due to conduct related to:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Don't Ask, Don't Tell
- Anti-LGBTQIA+ policies
- and other mitigating factors.
The best way to apply to our program is online. You can fill out our intake form using the button below. Once you submit this application, it may take up to two weeks for the Program to follow up with you.
You may also contact us at:
The Veterans Consortium
Discharge Upgrade Program
2101 L Street NW, Suite 840
Washington, DC 20037
Phone: (202) 733-3324
Fax: (202) 628-8169
NOTE: Don't apply for a discharge upgrade on your own! Contact the Veterans Consortium Discharge Upgrade Program for possible free legal representation.
Helpful Links & Resources:
- Discharge Upgrade Application Guide
- Veterans Discharge Upgrade Manual
- Discharge Review Board Application DD-293
- Board for Correction of Records DD-149
- Hagel Memorandum
- Clarifying Guidance (Hagel Supplement Memorandum)
- Unfinished Business: Correcting "Bad Paper" For Veterans with PTSD
- Underserved: How the VA Wrongfully Excludes Veterans with Bad Paper
- GAO Report – Veterans with PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury are Separated for Misconduct