February 2020 VIP: Layi Oduyingbo, Esq.
Layi Oduyingbo, Esq.
TVC National Volunteer Corps
For Layi Oduyingbo, becoming a member of our TVC National Volunteer Corps was just what he was looking for. After graduating from Providence College, Oduyingbo began his career as an accountant, but found that he was seeking to do something more meaningful. “I was unable to advocate for those without a voice,” says Oduyingbo. “I found that purpose volunteering with TVC.”
His willingness to take cases that need immediate placement and/or have close brief deadlines and his ability to juggle several cases at one time makes him an invaluable member of our TVC National Volunteer Corps. For this reason, Olayiwola Oduyingbo, Esq. is our Volunteer Inspiring Pro Bono (VIP) for February 2020.
Now an independent personal injury lawyer, Oduyingbo has consistently taken cases that needed replacement counsel with imminent deadlines. He currently has ten TVC cases (all active) and finds the work very rewarding. “It’s interesting to learn the stories of these veterans, and to right the legal errors that have defined their lives for so long.”
Though he acknowledges stories like that of the Navy diver are difficult to hear, “the work TVC does is inspiring and motivates me, fueling a desire to continue helping. If hearing it is difficult, living it is that much worse. If I can ease that discomfort for a veteran, that is my reward.”
Oduyingbo lives in Cranston, RI with his wife, Katie, and their almost 3-year-old daughter, Tatiana. In his free time, Oduyingbo volunteers with Year Up, an organization that provides mentorship and educational resources to young adults to help them enter the work force. He is also a sports enthusiast and a member of a local soccer league.
- Fighting For Our Nation's Defenders
- September 2020 VIP: Lloyd Chee, Esq.
- August 2020 VIP: Rene Kathawala, Esq.
- July 2020 VIPs: Demarais LLP
- June 2020 VIP: Falen LaPonzina, Esq.
- May 2020 VIPs: Various Firms
- April 2020 VIP: Doug Micheel, Esq.
- Discharge Upgrade Program, Sponsored by DAV Charitable Service Trust
- March 2020 VIP: Professor Stacey-Rae Simcox, Esq.
- February 2020 VIP: Layi Oduyingbo, Esq.
- Volunteer at Pro Bono Legal Clinics
- January 2020 VIPs: Duane Morris LLP
- December 2019 VIP: Valerie Daye, Esq.
- October 2019 VIP: Javier Centonzio
- The Impact of Volunteering
- September 2019 VIP: Michael Just, Esq.
- August 2019 VIPs: Caitlin Tweed, Esq. & Ryan Eletto, Esq.
- June 2019 VIP: Stacy Tromble
- May 2019 VIP: Schiff Hardin LLP
- April 2019 VIP: Justus Getty, Esq.
- March 2019 VIPs: Katy Spicer, Esq. & David Bean, Esq.
- February 2019 VIP: Jon Hollis, Esq.
- January 2019 VIP: Jonathan Ulrich, Esq.
- VIP: Volunteer Inspiring Pro Bono
- November 2018 VIP: Alexandra Curran, Esq.
- October 2018 VIP: Sean Twomey, Esq.
- September 2018 VIP: John Lynch, Esq.
- August 2018 VIP: Robert Jackson, Esq.
- July 2018 VIP: Colleen Miller, Esq.
- June 2018 VIP: Joshua M. Carmel, Esq.
- May 2018 VIP: Jennifer Librach Nall, Esq.
- April 2018 VIP: Adam R. Hess
- March 2018 VIP: Andréa M. Augustus, Esq.
- February 2018 VIP: W. Douglas Berry, Esq.
- January 2018 VIP: Leo Dombrowski, Esq.
- December 2017 VIP: Diane Hester, Esq.
- November 2017 VIP: Kenneth D. Crawford
- October 2017 VIP: Michael J. Nardotti
- August 2017 VIP: Christopher Tyson
- April 2017 VIP: Alan Pemberton
- February 2017 VIP: Jill Mitchell-Thein
- Available Pro Bono Cases
- January 2017 VIPs: Mike Kail & Jim Carlsen
- Law Students & Law Clinic Partners
- December 2016 VIP: John Malsbary
- August 2016 VIP: Tommy Smith
- September 2016 VIP: Joseph Miele
- October 2016 VIP: Jen Wagman
- November 2016 VIP: Vincent Petrocelli
- Current Volunteers
- Contact Volunteer Outreach & Education
- Training for Volunteer Attorneys
- Attorney Training Brochure & FAQs