February 2020 VIP: Layi Oduyingbo, Esq.
Layi Oduyingbo, Esq.
TVC National Volunteer Corps
For Layi Oduyingbo, becoming a member of our TVC National Volunteer Corps was just what he was looking for. After graduating from Providence College, Oduyingbo began his career as an accountant, but found that he was seeking to do something more meaningful. “I was unable to advocate for those without a voice,” says Oduyingbo. “I found that purpose volunteering with TVC.”
His willingness to take cases that need immediate placement and/or have close brief deadlines and his ability to juggle several cases at one time makes him an invaluable member of our TVC National Volunteer Corps. For this reason, Olayiwola Oduyingbo, Esq. is our Volunteer Inspiring Pro Bono (VIP) for February 2020.
Now an independent personal injury lawyer, Oduyingbo has consistently taken cases that needed replacement counsel with imminent deadlines. He currently has ten TVC cases (all active) and finds the work very rewarding. “It’s interesting to learn the stories of these veterans, and to right the legal errors that have defined their lives for so long.”
Though he acknowledges stories like that of the Navy diver are difficult to hear, “the work TVC does is inspiring and motivates me, fueling a desire to continue helping. If hearing it is difficult, living it is that much worse. If I can ease that discomfort for a veteran, that is my reward.”
Oduyingbo lives in Cranston, RI with his wife, Katie, and their almost 3-year-old daughter, Tatiana. In his free time, Oduyingbo volunteers with Year Up, an organization that provides mentorship and educational resources to young adults to help them enter the work force. He is also a sports enthusiast and a member of a local soccer league.
- Attorney Training Brochure & FAQs
- Training for Volunteer Attorneys
- Contact Volunteer Outreach & Education
- Current Volunteers
- August 2020 VIP: Rene Kathawala, Esq.
- July 2018 VIP: Colleen Miller, Esq.
- January 2020 VIPs: Duane Morris LLP
- VIP: Volunteer Inspiring Pro Bono
- January 2019 VIP: Jonathan Ulrich, Esq.
- August 2017 VIP: Christopher Tyson
- August 2019 VIPs: Caitlin Tweed, Esq. & Ryan Eletto, Esq.
- September 2018 VIP: John Lynch, Esq.
- November 2016 VIP: Vincent Petrocelli
- October 2016 VIP: Jen Wagman
- September 2016 VIP: Joseph Miele
- August 2016 VIP: Tommy Smith
- January 2017 VIPs: Mike Kail & Jim Carlsen
- May 2018 VIP: Jennifer Librach Nall, Esq.
- September 2020 VIP: Lloyd Chee, Esq.
- Law Students & Law Clinic Partners
- May 2020 VIPs: Various Firms
- December 2017 VIP: Diane Hester, Esq.
- October 2019 VIP: Javier Centonzio
- June 2019 VIP: Stacy Tromble
- December 2016 VIP: John Malsbary
- May 2019 VIP: Schiff Hardin LLP
- December 2020 VIP: Jennifer Brooker, Esq.
- April 2017 VIP: Alan Pemberton
- December 2021 VIP: The Honorable Bob Dole
- Discharge Upgrade Program, Sponsored by DAV Charitable Service Trust
- April 2020 VIP: Doug Micheel, Esq.
- December 2019 VIP: Valerie Daye, Esq.
- February 2017 VIP: Jill Mitchell-Thein
- March 2020 VIP: Professor Stacey-Rae Simcox, Esq.
- October 2018 VIP: Sean Twomey, Esq.
- April 2019 VIP: Justus Getty, Esq.
- April 2018 VIP: Adam R. Hess
- March 2018 VIP: Andréa M. Augustus, Esq.
- February 2019 VIP: Jon Hollis, Esq.
- Fighting For Our Nation's Defenders
- January 2018 VIP: Leo Dombrowski, Esq.
- August 2018 VIP: Robert Jackson, Esq.
- November 2018 VIP: Alexandra Curran, Esq.
- March 2019 VIPs: Katy Spicer, Esq. & David Bean, Esq.
- Available Pro Bono Cases
- June 2021 VIP: Amy B. Kretkowski, Esq.
- March 2021 VIP: Amanda R. Bedford, Esq.
- July 2020 VIPs: Demarais LLP
- September 2019 VIP: Michael Just, Esq.
- Volunteer at Pro Bono Legal Clinics
- February 2018 VIP: W. Douglas Berry, Esq.
- October 2017 VIP: Michael J. Nardotti
- November 2017 VIP: Kenneth D. Crawford
- June 2020 VIP: Falen LaPonzina, Esq.
- February 2020 VIP: Layi Oduyingbo, Esq.
- The Impact of Volunteering
- June 2018 VIP: Joshua M. Carmel, Esq.