Outreach & Marketing Specialist
Position Title: Outreach & Marketing Specialist
Component: TVC Communications, Outreach & Development Component Location: 2101 L Street, NW, Suite 840, Washington, DC 20037 Classification: Full-time Position
Reports to: Director of Communications & Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
If you would like to be considered for this position, a letter and resume should be emailed to email@example.com. The subject line should read as follows: Last Name, First Name - Outreach & Development Specialist Position.
The Veterans Consortium seeks to hire a full-time Outreach & Marketing Specialist. This person will be an integral member of the Outreach, Communications & Development team and will work closely with the Director of Communications & Development. He or she must be detail-oriented and will be conducting numerous administrative tasks to manage TVC’s donor relationships and outreach initiatives. The ideal candidate has a passion to serve veterans, can operate with some autonomy and is results oriented. Join our team!
The Veterans Consortium (TVC) is a leading national, independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. TVC has provided pro bono legal representation and complementary professional services to veterans and their loved ones or survivors since 1992. For nearly three decades, TVC’s volunteers and staff have handled more than 74,000 requests for legal assistance, placed over 7,600 cases for deserving clients, and trained more than 6,300 pro bono attorneys and associated professionals for our National Volunteer Corps.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with preparing and delivering visually appealing and compelling outreach materials to donors, law firms, the veteran community, strategic partners, and more.
- Update the outreach & development databases, specifically Network for Good and Constant Contact.
- Research prospects for fundraising & development and maintain a database of perspective donors & supporters.
- Assist with updating submissions for organizational memberships and enrollments, such as Catalog for Philanthropy and the Combined Federal Campaign.
- Attend outreach events as an ambassador of The Veterans Consortium. This may include travel within the United States.
- Assist with event management, marketing materials, logistics, catering, RSVP lists, and revenue tracking.
- Create, update, and organize flyers and marketing materials for outreach events.
- Research, maintain and update the social media calendar.
- Assist with creation of social media planning and implementation.
- Assist with communications projects, including but not limited to: Annual Report, monthly newsletter, and social media plan.
- Research and order promotional products to enhance TVC marketing.
- Attend and draft agenda/minutes for weekly Outreach, Communication & Development meetings.
- Maintain Vendor Payment tracker to ensure timely payment of vendors.
- Education and Qualifications
- Degree in communications or marketing or 2 – 3 years of related job experience.
- Experience and knowledge with social media tools, graphic design platforms/programs such as Canva and/or Adobe Photoshop.
- An awareness of, or former experience with, United States Veterans' and their health issues is a plus.
- Military experience is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional knowledge and skill related to use of current social media tools and writing for social media, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, and Hootsuite.
- Strong understanding of Social Media trends, SEO Optimization. SEM, and google analytics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact and Network for Good; event registration software, including Eventbrite or similar.
- Proficient in Adobe CC: Photoshop, Premiere and Adobe Acrobat. Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
- HTML experience a plus
- Ability to work independently, think critically and offer proactive recommendations, information, and solutions, while paying special care and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with several teams at once and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills that ensure effective communication in dealing personally with a diverse range of internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Independent, self-sufficient worker with a track record for delivering projects and products on time.
- Well organized, professional, and flexible.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- A team player that approaches situations with a sense of humor and creativity.
- Willing to serve as an ambassador of The Veterans Consortium in a professional manner and promote the mission and objectives of the organization where able.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, and frequently communicate. The employee must be able to exchange information with others. This position requires occasional movement inside the office to access filing cabinets, office machinery, event setup, etc. This position frequently operates a computer/laptop and other office machinery such as the copy machine, and printer. This position requires the incumbent to be able to occasionally reach for, lift and move office equipment, documentation and supplies. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This is currently a hybrid position, with the expectation of 3 days in-office and two days remote. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. The employee must be able to travel up to 10% of the time using public and/or personal transportation.
Employment At-Will Disclaimer
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Employment in this position is at-will and subject to termination by the employer or the employee at any time and for any reason, with or without notice. The statements in this job description do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Salary and Benefits
The annual salary for this position starts at $50,000. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with the scope of the position and a candidate’s expertise and experience.